Why should I floss my teeth?
I don't always floss my teeth. Do I really need to?
The short answer is YES. Flossing your teeth can be painful, gross and frankly easy to skip, especially after brushing (“I'll just brush REALLY well…”).
But flossing is a simple and effective habit that can have a big impact on your oral health. Here are just a few reasons why you should make flossing a part of your daily oral care routine:
Remove plaque and food particles: Brushing your teeth only cleans about 60% of your tooth surface, leaving the remaining 40% between your teeth and along the gum line untouched. Flossing removes these trapped particles and helps to prevent plaque buildup.
Prevent gum disease: Plaque buildup along the gum line can cause inflammation and bleeding in the gums, which can lead to gum disease. Flossing can help to prevent gum disease by removing plaque and preventing it from spreading.
Freshen breath: Food particles that get trapped between your teeth can cause bad breath. Flossing can help to remove these particles and freshen your breath.
Prevent cavities: Plaque buildup can also lead to cavities between your teeth. Flossing helps to remove plaque and prevent the development of cavities. (Note: Our “floss-tip” bristles are 17 times slimmer at the tip so they penetrate deeper between your teeth and gum line for a better clean.)
Improve overall health: Studies have shown that gum disease can have a negative impact on your overall health. Conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and stroke have been linked to gum disease. Flossing can help to prevent gum disease and improve your overall health.
Flossing is a simple and effective habit that can have a big impact on your oral health. Make sure to floss at least once a day to remove plaque and food particles, prevent gum disease, freshen your breath, prevent cavities, and improve your overall health.
I hope this post convinces you to start flossing. If you do floss—great work!
Thanks for reading!
Leave a comment